State test results: 89.5 percent of Benjamin Franklin High School at Masonville Cove failed English language arts
The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers, or PARCC, is administered to third- through eighth-graders in Maryland, testing them in reading and math based on Common Core standards.
According to Benjamin Franklin High School at Masonville Cove English language scores, 10.5 percent met expectations and 0 percent exceeded them. Students whose results are in either category are considered ready to move on to the next level and are most prepared for college or work.
Another 13.7 percent approached expectations, while 22.2 percent partially met expectations and 53.6 percent did not meet them. Students who scored in these categories are not ready for the next level.
The school's results fell below state averages. In Maryland, about 33 percent of students met expectations on the reading and writing tests and about 8 percent exceeded them, putting the percentage of students who passed at about 41 percent. The rest about 59 percent failed, with about 24 percent of students approaching expectations, about 18 percent partially meeting expectations and about 17 percent not meeting them.