State test results: 80.4 percent of Northwood Appold Community Academy failed math
The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers, or PARCC, is administered to third- through eighth-graders in Maryland, testing them in reading and math based on Common Core standards.
According to Northwood Appold Community Academy math scores, 19.6 percent met expectations and 0 percent exceeded them. Students whose results are in either category are considered ready to move on to the next level and are most prepared for college or work.
Another 34.6 percent approached expectations, while 24.3 percent partially met expectations and 21.5 percent did not meet them. Students who scored in these categories are not ready for the next level.
The school's results fell below state averages. In Maryland, about 28 percent of students met expectations on the math tests and about 5 percent exceeded them, putting the percentage of students who passed at about 33 percent. The rest about 67 percent failed, with about 26 percent of students approaching expectations, about 23 percent partially meeting expectations and about 18 percent not meeting them.